1.11.2005

Where? Oh where has my Underdog gone? Where oh where can he be!?!

Happy New Year!!!!!
I didn't make any resolutions this year, I just decided it's time for some lifestyle changes. I am going to try and reduce the sugar in my life, watch what I eat....go into my mouth. I couldn't resist a corny joke. I will be watching what I eat, but I do not want to diet. I do better when I can eat what I want. I just want to make better choices and I have been. I will admit a lot of this has been brought on by a recent trip to the doctor. Since then I have lost 11 pounds (let the cheering begin...and there was much rejoicing ....yay!!!!) My goal is to hit 200 by the end of 2005. Twenty more pounds to go. I was at 250 about a year ago and now I look damn fine. If you know me you know I am mostly kidding. :) I am not that conceited, although I do look good ;) Damn good, no really.

Topics topics topics.....
I really have not felt like writing or reading anyone's Blogs lately, I was tired, had the flu and I felt like giving it a rest. I would much rather write when I feel good about doing it. I had to question some things that I have been thinking and even some things I believe in. Now you folks know I like to keep it light, so I am not going to go into detail right now. Don't worry I am not hiding some depressing secret or anything like that, some things are meant to be kept to myself, because like Herpes, the internet is forever. Ask a fellow blogger friend of mine. I put his name into a search engine and came up with a website he maintained in college 7 years ago. Also with the Wayback machine, if you put in an old web site, this thing can find them.
I have had a lot of stuff running through my mind lately. I have been thinking about my life, relationships (friends and women, not mutually exclusive but just two different categories), where I want to go with my career, things I want to do and my parents. I think the holidays put me in a reflective/introspective sort of mood. You know the whole "who am I?" sort of thoughts.
I want to try some different things this year. Any suggestions?

Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64 - The Beatles

I don't do the things I do for accolades or pats on the back. I just try to do what I feel is right. I have had a few incidents recently where I have been able to help folks, strangers and it felt right. The part that sucks about it was I never feel like I can just jump right out and help. I always have to weigh the situation. Is someone going to freak out because I am a brother? Is she going to freak out becuase I am a man and it's night time? It sucks that I must think about those things, but it's my reality. I DO NOT PULL THE RACE CARD. I like to think if something happens to me, it's because of the situation and not my race. The race stuff is for another day's thoughts. I want to finish my original thought first. :) I have helped these people because I see my mom and dad in each of them and I hope that if my folks needed help somebody would step up and help them. If we all help each other a little bit life can be pretty cool. The hardest thing for me to come to grips with is that you can't help everybody.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home