1.14.2005

Curse you nostalgia, you evil mutha scratcher!!

I was minding my own business, killing some time at Cheapo (Hey D, I made it out without spending a dime). When "IT" happened. No, I wasn't accused of shoplifting. "IT" happened.
The moment when a song or a scent can send you reeling back 20 years. I have an ex-gf who used to wear a scent from Bath and Body Works that would stop me in my tracks. I can never go near that store again, a woman at work was wearing some recently and let's just say I don't like the furniture nor the the Feng Shui in the Human Resource department.
I never understood "IT" so clearly before. "IT" never hit me so hard before. The creeping hand of nostalgia grabbed me by the back of my neck and "made me it's son" (a term I learned from one of the British guys here on my project a while back) Now I know what the grownups were talking about. I was caught in a moment and had no choice but to think about events from twenty years ago. I should also admit that I recently have run into two friends from back in the day and I have a reunion coming up next year, so I was ripe for nostalgia's picking. I ran screaming from Cheapo, but not before I was called sir by the new millennium Goth Chic at the front counter with the retro purple and red hair.
It was actually kind of nice, don't tell anybody, but I just had the event flash back through my mind. The feelings that race through you are weird and cool at the same time. It started in my stomach and ended up in my head. It just made me stop and think. It also made me dig out some music that I had placed in the "Dust jams" bin. I wanted to complete the feeling and enjoy it. I am glad it happened. Thinking back on my sordid past helps me to guide my future.


1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Closet Metro said...

Not one dime? Seriously? You must have been highly distracted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home