6.29.2005

Crap crap crap..I should have gone to bed.

I should have gone to bed, but instead as I like to do, I checked the news one more time. I found this article on CNN about a new stamp that the Mexican Government has issued. Why didn't I go to bed!?!
I get tired some days, tired of the focus on my skin, my heritage. Tired of trying to fight the crap that makes the modern age seem like a backwards civilization. Tired of people locking car doors, clutching purses and watching me as I walk through the store. Tired of worrying about these things. Tired that I have to think about this stuff and and even talk about it.
I am proud to be who I am. I am a person first and then I am Black, African American, Chocolate Rick (Thanks Moriah), Ultimate Mocha (Thanks Mollicita).
I did learn something that I didn't really know and I will look into. That there is a small black community on the Southwest coast of Mexico and that Africans outnumbered the Spanish in Mexico during the early colonial era. Going to bed now, I'll let RUN take us out of this entry.

[Run]
We're gonna tell ya somethin that'll put your mind in a swirl
God bless the next baby that comes in this world
The world's full of hate discrimination and sin
People judgin other people by the color of skin
I'll attack this matter, in my own way
Man, I ain't no slave, I ain't reelin no hay
Written a deposition, in any condition
Don't get in my way cause I'm full of ambition
I'm proud to be black (and I ain't takin no crap)
I'm fresh out the pack (and I'm proud to be black)
SO TAKE THAT!!
RUN-DMC "Proud to be Black"
Raising Hell 1986

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home