6.23.2005

Holy Glad it didn’t suck Batman!!!

I saw Batman Begins and it was very very good. They were careful to pay attention to what makes Batman, well, Batman. The story, action and acting were good. They also gave some nods to the past without getting campy.

One of the best parts of the movie was the fact there were no nipples on the costume. I don’t know why they thought his suit needed nipples back in Batman Forever but, Batman would have kicked Joel Shumacher’s butt for putting non-functional nipples on the suit. They should have at least fired darts or sleeping gas. Honestly.

They used a lot of the elements I like about Batman. I thought the fight scenes were done well. A friend complained that the cuts were too close. Meaning you didn’t get to see the action as well. I thought it was fought in true Batman style. Quick, decisive, stealthily and butt stompin’. Just like Batman from the books. The fight scenes didn’t have the feel that they were poorly choreographed like some other movies that use quick cuts to hide crappy fight work.

There was no neon freeze rays, no stupid neon suited thug morons, just some straight up butt whooping and crime fightin’.

The story followed the batman year one feel and I was very pleased. Gordon looked like Gordon and they didn’t change too much of what happens in the Batman mythos for the movie’s sake. I totally endorse this movie and it gets the UnderroosnAfros seal of approval.

I need to find a cool logo seal for my newly created seal of approval. I’ll see what I can do.


I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!!

Next to cake being my favorite dessert, free Ice Cream ranks pretty high.

Last night was free scoop night at 31 Flavors. It was way cool. Super hot night, a good friend and a good flavor. I hadn’t had a sugar cone in a long time and it was awesome. It was fresh and tasted like it was from my childhood. I remember when 31 Flavors was one of the top Ice Cream shops. We used to think it was special to go there as kids. They used to have a cone that was upside down in a cup and it had candy on it so it would look like the face of a clown. They also added frosting to give it a collar and to design the cone to look like a hat. I got that every time we went.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Closet Metro said...

Is it a Two-Viewer? (Cuz I ain't seen it yet.)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger His Papalness said...

Yep it's good enough for a three-peat

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I used to go to 31 flavors when I was a kid - yes they even have it in Scotland. Mmmm - bittersweet chocolate was my favorite. It was a cool thing to do with my dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home