6.28.2004

Monsters, Alien Abductions, and I know what you did last summer

I was coming home tonight and I decided to take the long way around the lakes. It's quiet and slow and a chance to feel like you are away from the city. So It's like 9:30 or so. It's getting dark and I cross over 394 and there are no streetlights turned on lining the parkway. Overhead trees and the lack of moonlight make it pretty dark back there.
Now, I have a pretty vivid imagination so I don't need any help concocting scary stories or thinking of wild scenarios whilst I drive through the wooded parkway. It was the perfect night for the baddies to get me, I left my cell phone at home and I was all alone.
I thought of Texas Chain Saw Massacre with Leatherface running out from the woods in front of the car, course he would have been hurting, because I wouldn't stop or swerve. There would be none of that "oh, lets stop and see if he's dead" stuff, I'll call 911 when I get home to see if he's dead.
Then I thought of the glowing light in the woods and the laughing children, you know that creepy giggle laugh they reserve for scary movies. When people hear that, why do they go and investigate? Why!?!
As you can tell I made it home safely, no aliens, no kids and no scary hooks on my car door.
Hold on a sec, did you hear that? I'll be right back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home