6.22.2004

Now it's time to get serious!

First things first. I forgot the most important part about being a super villain. The Minion!
Faithful, obedient, and ready to steal all the cake I command him/her to get. They get to wear a T-shirt that says "Thug 1" or color coordinated super villain underroos. Three squares a day and a spacious warehouse to live in and all they have to do is my evil bidding.

Tonight I saw a movie that should be nominated for the Academy award. I think I could easily say it is the FEEL GOOD hit of the summer! I cried, I laughed, I was really moved.
I think we can all relate to being the underdog at one time or another. You feel like you don't have a chance and people are looking at you and saying the same. You feel like you can't get up! Like there is no way you'll ever get through it, whatever "it" may be.
It's the story of a band of misfits brought together by a common cause, a like minded goal, a chance to beat the odds. The movie I am talking about is Dodgeball.
I recommend you see it! Go with someone who needs a good laugh or with whom you can enjoy the type of humor such a movie would bring about. Nuff Said!!

Maturity.
The quality or state of being mature; especially : full development

Now that we got that out of the way. Let me recommend a some of cartoons for your viewing pleasure. Cartoon Network has a block of time called Adult Swim. In that block there are a few that I like.
The First being Aqua Teen Hunger Force. A group of Fast food superheroes. Frylock:the brains of the operation, who just happens to be a supersized fry with a goatee. Master Shake:the smart alec of the bunch and yes he is pretty much a big frosty. The last member of the group is Meatwad:a piece of some kind of meat that can transform himself into different shapes like a hotdog or an igloo. They have a neighbor named Carl who they manage to kill quite a bit. It's very funny show.
The next one is Sealab 2021. It's a 70's cartoon that really sucked, but the folks at Cartoon Network stripped the cartoon and took the characters and added new scripts which are pretty good. One episode dealt with a character who, when her alarm clock went off woke up screaming "MUST HAVE A BABY!! GOTTA HAVE A BABY!" Then she interviewed all the men on Sealab to see who would be the best father. It's funnier if you see the show.
The last one is Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. He takes the legal cases of super heroes and cartoon characters. One example would be Apache Chief from the SuperFriends. Apache Chief's power is the ability to grow super big and tall, he lost that power because he was feeling inadequate (in other words he couldn't...um..well..grow large anymore)So the SuperFriends fired him and he decided to sue them for discrimination. It was pretty funny especially when they had him talk to Black Vulcan another Superfriend 2nd stringer.
Well enough blabbering for tonight.

Hey, a big shout out to my hugger from across the pond!! Right back at ya!!

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Java Mary said...

I saw Dodgeball on Friday night at the drive-in. I have to disagree on this movie - it seemed formulaic. I did enjoy the last bit during the credits, where the super-villian is wearing a fat suit.

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Java Mary,
I would agree that it is formulaic, but still a mess O' fun. Weeee Doggies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home