6.03.2004

"Say Rick, How did you get such a manly figure?"

I mentioned cake in my tagline under the title of this blog. Now it's time for cake!
There are two rules about cake that you must follow:
1. When you eat cake you have to have theme music. Every good hero has theme music and it's a good thing and eating cake should too!
My theme music for eating cake is the music from the circus, you know it...everybody does, it goes dut dut dut dut duta dut dut dut dut, dut dut dut dut duta dut dut dut dut duta. If you don't get it, buy me a piece of cake and I will hum it for you.

2. You can not be sad and eat cake.
Try it. It won't work. Oh, you may start out sad, but you'll have smiles for everyone when you are finished. Plus think about me humming the circus theme, gets em everytime.

The best cake in the Twin Cities (besides my grandmother's butter cake with chocolate frosting, rest her soul) Is at Cafe Latte. http://www.cafelatte.com/framestart.htm
How could this place have ever been a secret to me? Everybody knows I like cake, why didn't somebody tell me?
Anyway, they have cake there that you will want to rub all over your body...uh sorry about that. You should just eat it and food should only be on your body if you drop it in your lap by accident.
This weekend will have to include a trip to Cafe Latte. I promised the manager that I would not put the cake on my body in the restaurant again. They have a Mint Chocolate cake that is in my top ten pieces of cake.
Another type of cake I enjoy is Wedding Cake. Forget the happy couple and the toasts and singing the Love Boat theme to make them kiss. Bring on the cake!! The cakes with Butter cream frosting are the best. So ladies, if you are looking for some free cake, let's go and taste cakes for our "wedding". Ask your married friends. You can go around the city and sample cake for free, just by saying you are shopping for wedding cake. So let's give it a shot.
The last cake thought I will leave you with is a secret place to get some very tasty cake. The Mall of America. Tucked inside of Camp Snoopy is Mrs.Rich's Bakery. My Niece purchased a cake there for her birthday that turned me into a ravening dog.
So there is my first cake posting, it won't be the last. You have been warned.

4 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks alot Rick!
I am sitting at work and now all I can think about is cake and how I want a piece of my favorite, funfetti cake with white icing...

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rick...
Have you ever had 'Better Than Sex' cake? it is almost as good as it name implies!
However good it is, my favorite is still the funfetti!
SBrown
p.s. when is the cake party?

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, cheesecake. - cap'n t.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I'm proud to say that it was my wife Emma who bought Cheesecake Factory stock, largely because of their CAKE stock symbol, and that's who Paul is referring to. Hooray for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home