5.25.2004

What does it all mean?

I am new to this....I am sure many first time blog entries start this way, but it's true. I hope to find a voice while doing this and finish the novel I started when I was ten. I have seen a lot in my years on the planet. Blah blah blah.

Ok, Underroos and Afros...
I grew up in the 70's when everything was "Solid!" and "Funky". I pimped my afro, rocked my canvas Chucky T's(Converse tennis shoes)and spent a great deal of time with Bomb Pop juice running down my arm. I grew up when bucking somebody was not licking shots at them, but giving them a ride on your bike, which had a banana seat or was a Huffy BMX.
We played 60(a tag game) in neighbor's yards and you knew them and they KNEW your parents. Strange adults yelled at you and you stopped what you were doing because you knew it was wrong and you didn't talk back!(they might know your mom and dad).
Don't worry, I won't be stuck in the 70's, just giving the first post on my blog some meat. I plan to rant about this or that current event, travesties of justice(How could they try to cast Nick Cage as Superman!?!)and my touchy feely side.
as MC Hammer once said "Let's Get it Started!!!", "Can't Touch This" came later, much later.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UM - You have me totally confused with this whole blog thing...maybe I need some coffee...I still love my old banana seat bike...Mollicita

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I have no clue what a blog is...And while I have never heard of your favorite cartoon or your favorite books and haven't seen any of your favorite movies, I luv ya anyway! Sarah (a.k.a. sbrown)

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a huffy bicycle in the 70's with a banana seat. It was black and orange and the paint on the seat was mixed to make squiggly lines. I thought it was so cool.
Did you get into Wacky Pack stickers? or was that before your time?

cszdo-

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger His Papalness said...

Thanks to everyone who posted!! I am a success :) Anyway, I am young enough to remember the Wacky Packs. They used to freak me out because the pictures were so nasty. The gum was always the worst thing about the packs. It was a super thin piece of old red rubber band that broke and turned to dust when you opened the packs. If you did get a "fresh" one, the flavor lasted just long enough for you too close you mouth after putting the gum in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home