5.27.2004

It Ain't Easy Being Green: Shreck 2

Tonight a friend and I saw Shreck 2. It was really funny. I was glad that the sequel lived up to it's hype. I hope people enjoy it and get the message about letting people love who they want to love as long as they are happy. I am not giving anything away by saying Princess Fiona's father is none to pleased with her marrying an Ogre even if he does make her happy. It's funny in this cartoon piece, but in real life it's just sad and archaic. You would think in this day and age people would be more concerned with how people in the relationship treat each other than by what they look like, what they do or what they believe in.
Maybe I am living in a fantasy world. It could just be that when it comes to family, the world gets pyscho. People get disowned or cut off from the family for dating the wrong person, not following in the family business, missing a holiday gathering, not returning Tupperware and so on. The world is a strange place.

Whew...too heavy for this time of night
I watched a DVD the other day with the collected works of director Spike Jones(He was in the movie The Three Kings). He directed music videos for Notorius B.I.G., Fatboy Slim(the flying Christopher Walken video), The Pharcyde, Bjork and many others. The DVD contains 16 videos, rare footage, commentaries and documentaries. A company called the Directors(not a possessive error) Label put it out and I would recommend it to anyone with eclectic tastes. http://www.directorslabel.com/


On a sad note....
My work spouse( Marleta) and I have decided to separate, it has been coming for a while. We tried to avoid it, but long distance work spousing just wouldn't, well just wouldn't work. I have already raided her cube, but she has informed me she is taking her SWAG mouse to L.A. with her. I wish Marleta and Dain nothing but the best out West(yeah I know it rhymes, shut up!). Besides, now I will have not one but 2 places to sleep on the couch when I visit California (Vic is out there too. http://www.bestalbino.com ). If you need the definition of what a work spouse is let me know and I can explain. It does NOT involve conjugal visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home