5.26.2004

Towing the company line.

Does anybody ever believe the company line? Do people buy into the "customer" vs. the "guest"? Do the manager's at companies buy into the line? What would it take for you to buy into the line, money? power?
Personally I haven't ever considered myself "company" although I have found things I agree with in different companies. I have always been resistant to the "Yay Rah Rah!"
If you want to motivate me, do it with your leadership as opposed to the carrot and stick mentality. I want to be part of what makes things work, but I don't want to feel like I am being manipulated overtly or by subversive means.
Is the line easier to swallow, when you are getting a raise from said company, you have faith in the management directing the company or things at the company are going well?
I told you I would be rambling, but I am interested in finding out what you have to say about this.

Now on to something I find Un-a-Peeling(bad puns can be fun)
I found out today that bananas have about 10 years left on the planet unless something is discovered to eradicate the many diseases attacking them. So here is my plan in numbered form.
1. All of us pool our money and for the next 9 years we buy all the bananas we can.
2. We freeze dry them, can them, dehydrate them and store them in a huge facility.
3. Rule the world with our riches after selling all the bananas we hoarded.
4. Read this article about why the banana as we know it may become extinct.
http://millennium-debate.org/tel16jan03.htm

BTW...
For those of you new to blogs, it's kind of like a journal except it's online and many people can view it. I personally won't be divulging any sensitive information about any one or anything they've told me. So fear not...our conversations are safe. I promise. My own thoughts are a different story, they may appear here as ramblings or questions to the gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home