10.02.2005

A mind is terrible thing to um, to um.........

We had a huge storm a week and a half ago. It came in two waves. When the "EYE" of the storm passed over I went to the grocery store. While I was in the store everything was calm and peaceful. The moment I came out of the store with my stuff in paper bags(the first and last time I use paper) the heavens opened up. I was soaked, the bags were soaked and some of the stuff in the bags was soaked. I drive to the house, back up to the garage and get soaked some more unloading things. I unpack the groceries and realize I left a bag at the store. I go back, get soaked again, check the carts, go in the store and ask if anyone has seen my stuff. Everyone says no and I proceed to buy eveything I think I lost in the bag.
Get soaked going from store to car again and from car to house. I get in and there is the bag I thought I left behind. I decide to take my pruned up water logged skinned self up to my room and have some ice cream, it would have been better if I had some cake.

Let's hear it for the boy(s) Denise "Nece" Williams

Yesterday was homecoming for my boys at Jimmy Lee. I managed to get out for the games. Both the 3rd and 4th graders won their games. We beat our main rival, Frogtown. It was really good to see how much all of the kids have improved since I last saw them. They were all pretty happy to see me which made me feel even better. It means my yelling was missed. :) We also received coach jackets from the Rec Center. All in all, a very good day.

B-movies, not just garbage, but a necessary evil and pleasure

The B-movie is something I relish. It helps you distinguish good movies from crap. Who doesn't want to see Anthony Sabato Jr. fight the Man-Shark., half man, half shark, all terror.
Don't forget movies like Plan 9 from Outer Space or Them, the giant ant movie. Some of these movies are so bad you have to watch them twice, just to be sure it was as bad as you thought. This weekend I watched a movie called Danger: Diabolik. I would classify it as a B-movie, but a good one, there are a few. The main character is Diabolik, a super suave cat burglar with a secret lair and drives one of my favorite cars. The Jaguar E-type is probably one of the coolest cars ever created. It looks a bit like a squashed and stretched Volkswagen. Anyway, the movie is about the police trying to catch him and him outsmarting them at every turn. Rent it when you need a break, to geek out. Every body needs to geek out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home