9.27.2006

Working in coal mine, going down down down - The Devo version

I volunteered at a food bank tonight.
The work was not tedious in the least bit. It felt good. The title of his post came about from me sharing a moment during the work we did tonight with another volunteer. We even sang a bit of the chorus and he knew the deep voice part of the song too. "I am so tired...how long can this go on!?!" :)
The company I work for has a two week period during the year that they set up company sponsored volunteer events. Tonight we volunteered at the Second Harvest Heartland Food Bank.
The Harvest workers were cool and were very organized. We loaded close to 4100 pounds of food.
I tried to liven things up by having people sing the Flintstones theme song and when that didn't work I tried "Baby Got back" by Sir Mixalot, no takers on the singing but I saw a few people moving their booties. There are not many things I will skip practice for, but this was a good cause. By the way both our 3rd and 4th grades teams are 2 - 0!!
Since a little before my last B-Day I have been thinking I wanted to find another way to give to others, more details on that later. I have some ideas, but I need a little time for the ideas to ferment.

Monday Night Football
It was handled with class and made a lot of folks happy. Now let's fix the rest of the city and make things right by people who were shafted big time.

And now for something completely different....
The Larch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home