6.05.2006

Look!! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird....It's a Plane...It's my Dad!?!

A lot of who I am today comes from my crazy parents. The Superman Returns commercial came on this evening and it sparked a discussion. Yes, we talk about current events like the war and how to save the planet, but we chose a lighter fare tonight.
My dad was explaining how if he were friends with Clark Kent, Superman's alter ego he would know it was him. The conversation would go something like this:

This scene takes place at the daily Planet company picnic.
Dad: Hey Clark, C'mere (He waves him over)
Superman (as Clark Kent): Yeah Dicky? (my dad's nickname growing up and would sound totally normal in a Superman comicstrip) Great picnic huh?
Dad: Look, I know you're Superman.
Superman (as Clark Kent): No, I'm not, don't be silly. I wear glasses and Superman doesn't
Dad: I don't believe no one else can see it! You are Superman! and with that he reaches out catching Clark by surprise and knocks off the glasses.
The normally docile Clark kent turns into a somewhat angry Superman with glowing red eyes.
Superman (as Clark Kent): You know my secret, I can't let you live! (he looks around to see who may be watching)
Dad: You can't kill me you're Super eeeyyyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
He grabs my dad and throws him into the Sun (Imagine Bug Zapper noise here)
The End
Thanks to Pops for tonight's posting. I added a little imagery. You had to be here for the full effect of the joke, but it was fricking funny to us. My mom giggled quite a bit. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home